Feb. 2023 Event Agenda
Thursday, February 28th
2 – 2:25 PM
Welcome & Luminate Presentation
In the afternoon’s opening presentation, Luminate’s Sr. Director, Music Insights and Industry Relations, Jaime Marconette will share up-to-date figures for U.S. vinyl consumption.
- Jaime Marconette, Sr. Director, Music Insights and Industry Relations, Luminate
2:25 – 3 PM
Vinyl Production: Plant Update & Cost Analysis
From a plant’s perspective, how does 2023 and 2024 look in terms of meeting production demand? Are timelines shortening? During this conversation, we’ll also dig into the cost to produce a vinyl record — from product to labor, why does a vinyl record cost what it does today?
- Billy Fields, VP, Sales & Account Management, WEA
- Steve Harkins, VP, Sales & Marketing, Ingram Entertainment
- Shawn Johnson, Managing Director, Precision Record Pressing
- Jaz Wimbledon, Sr. Director of Release Management, AWAL
3 – 3:30 PM
Other Physical Items To Consider in 2023
There is a lot of talk around vinyl, but artists have seen recent success with other formats and products that fans are buying in droves. Representatives who manufacture and market CDs, boxsets, books, graphic novels, and other band merch will be on-hand to give some ideas on other products to consider as you create marketing plans and stock your store shelves.
- Felix Carrasco, VP, Merchandise, WMX
- Tyson Cornell, Owner, Rare Bird Books
- Sarah Robertson, CEO, AtoZ Media